The following article was adapted directly from Brian White's movie review of the Ken Jenkins DVD "
Psychological Resistance to Video Compositing Theory
Important understanding of the human factor in the spread of uncomfortable verities
Adapted by Ace Baker
All truth goes through three stages, first it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third it is accepted as self-evident. —Arthur Schopenhauer
Everyone—well everyone who's examined the evidence with at least a 30% open mind—has his own story of what led him to conclude that the US govern-media was complicit and culpable in the crimes committed on 9/11/2001, including the insertion of fake airplane images into video. In due course I succumbed with most Americans to the govern-media propaganda of the official conspiracy theory. That theory still stands tall, as most people simply don’t value truth.
According to a Zogby poll in September 2007, 51% want Congress to probe Bush and Cheney's role in the 9/11 attacks, clearly demonstrating people’s irrational belief that “Congress” somehow represents the interest of “the people”.
7 out of 10 fault the 9/11 Commission for not investigating the anomalous disintegration of World Trade Center Building 7 (which, like the twin towers, was not struck by any airplane). Clearly the forces of psychological operations are continuing to warp the minds of the American people, so the urgency is still high for us to make 9/11 Video Compositing Theory nearly universal... so we can move on and build a peaceful, benevolent, libertarian tomorrow. Toward that end, Ace Baker—a well known music composer, 9/11 lecturer, and creator of “9/11 – The Great American Psy-Opera—has put together this adaped aritcle to remind us of the human factor in the spread of ideas, and in particular the major obstacles we face in getting out the good word about 9/11 Video Compositing Theory. Lack of evidence, we find is not the limiting factor. Fundamentally, people do not want to believe the obvious truth. First, let's understand what the evidence tells us 9/11 was: a psychological operation (psy op), which is a term used by secret services like the CIA for a class of operations intended to manipulate the emotions of populations; it is a form of mind control. The specific intention of 9/11 was to terrorize the American people into supporting a so-called war on terror, to replace the cold war and provide a blank check for the American state to attack anyone, anywhere it wishes—the Neoconservative dream come true. As we watched the events of 9/11 unfold on the news, most of us were traumatized by the unrelenting sequence of dramatic spectacle of destruction. Many of us were horrified into feeling "will my loved ones and I be next?" The buildings had to explode as they did, disintegrated into ultra-fine dust, because if they had stood, the subliminal message would have been we're invulnerable. We had be made to feel vulnerable, thus to yield our liberties and lives to a powerful government/military/media who alone would be able to protect us. Why the need for a psy op? Because the people don't want war.
"Naturally, the common people don't want war. That is understood, neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." — Herman Goering, Nazi Reichmarshall and Lutwaffe Chief at the Nuremberg Trials
Ken Jenkins has presented a statement supposedly made by Julius Caesar, that according to Snopes is apocryphal (of questionable authenticity). But it's one of those statements that expresses a universal characteristic of political power, especially in regard to the war/patriotism tension, so I'm using it:
"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so." — el maximus liderus anonymous
So what we're dealing with here in the minds and hearts of many Americans, not to mention other peoples of the planet, is fear, plain and simple. The only antidote to fear is reason, but in order to work its cure and reach minds we need to be caring of hearts. So what are these obstacles to reason, to understanding? I adapt what was originally laid out by Ken Jenkins, with gentle modification, as follows:
0. Many people simply don't WANT to believe in 9/11 Video Compositing Theory... or stolen elections truth, or weapons of mass destruction truth, etc. Want implies desires, preferences, drives, needs, motivations. As Maslow and other have shown, security and safety figure very highly in our hierarchy of wants and needs. "Even if what you say about Video Compositing Theory is true, I won't believe it." To accept that our own govern-media, which is supposed to protect and inform us, will kill us, greatly reduces our sense of security. It's scary, even terrifying. People don't want to go there, they don't want to think about it or hear about it. For this obstacle it is most productive to respond with sympathy and understanding. Go through your own experience of fear and sadness that you had to fight through. Point out they were already afraid of terrorists; that threat is replaced, not added to, by the implications of 9/11 Video Compositing Theory.
0. By questioning the official airplane story of 9/11, we are questioning the foundations of many of our fellow citizens' belief systems regarding our government, our media, and our country—especially its depiction of foreign policy in the news. Such questioning of these foundations is far more profound than say questioning a war. It's a major paradigm shift. To question the official 9/11 airplane myth is fundamentally revolutionary. As such, it risks a period of chaos, which many find scary. Stress that questioning the official airplane story is deeply patriotic. Establish things they do believe: e.g. 70-80% believe that the official story of the Kennedy assassination is a lie. As a specialist on the Kennedy assassination, Ken Jenkins was swayed to 9/11 half-truth by multiple similarities between the CIA's plot against Kennedy and 9/11. He mentions “light chaos” and “dark chaos”; in Jenkins’ mind there are advantages to having the truth come out slowly (i.e. continuing to cover up certain truths) to avoid “dark chaos”. Important to commit to long term work in 9/11 Video Compositing Theory.
0. Epidemic apathy and complacency—encouraged by systems of media, education, government, health care, etc. Average US citizen does not believe "the price of freedom is eternal vigilance," to paraphrase Jefferson. I.e. part of the resistance to 9/11 Video Compositing Theory is people might have to do something about it; better not to take action. This is part of the growing up process, to realize that if our ruling class can insert fake airplane images into news video, then kill 3000 of our countrymen, one's survival as a free human being may depend on facing such reality actively. Grow up, get involved.
0. Media WMD (weapons of mass deception)—Huge obstacle to understanding the truth of 9/11 Video Compositing Theory and many other crimes. Book Into the Buzzsaw, about 18 award-winning journalists who were prevented by corporate ownership form reporting major, incredibly revealing news. Some even fired or laid off. Includes Greg Palast, Gary Webb, many others who have won numerous awards including several Emmys and a Pulitzer. Ken Jenkins talks about the coverage of Gulf War 1; he realized we were in deep trouble because war was reduced to a video game, with no reports of the carnage we saw in Vietnam... which is credited with (eventually) ending that war. "The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." —Former CIA director, William Colby In the early days of the Cold War, late 40s, CIA began a secret project called Operation Mockingbird with the intent of buying influence behind the scenes at major media outlets and putting reporters on the CIA payroll, which has proven to be a stunning ongoing success. The CIA effort was headed by Frank Wisner, Allen Dulles, Richard Helms, and Phillip Graham (publisher of the Washington Post). A study showed TV generates misperceptions of facts and Fox is the worst among equals. The three misperceptions were 1) 9/11 was connected to Iraq, 2) Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, and 3) the people of the world supported the invasion of Iraq. Possible solution, rupudiate Ken Jenkins’ admitted policy of delayed-truth, and commit to a search for the facts of the matter, wherever they lead, whatever they imply. The CIA owns the media, the media lies, video compositing is a great way to lie. Grow up.
0. Stigma of conspiracies—conspiracy is a plan or agreement by two or more parties to commit an illegal or subversive action. Primary alternatives to conspiracy theory are incompetence theory and coincidence theory. It's just as crazy to believe nothing is a conspiracy as to think everything is. Recent conspiracies: California energy crisis, the Enron/Arthur Anderson/Worldcom, etc., stolen 2000, 2002, 2004 elections, 9/11 (the official story is a conspiracy theory). As we know other lies created by conspiracies of power have served as pretexts for war or oppression of peoples: — Pearl Harbor (what pushed Jenkins over the edge) — Operation Northwoods — Vietnam's Gulf of Tonkin — The Reichstag Fire — Sinking of the Lusitania — Battleship Maine explosion — False story of stabbing incubator babies (for Gulf War 1) — Long list of state-sponsored terrorism And now we know about the Iraq war lies, which helps to overcome the stigma of conspiracy about the Bushoviks.
0. The Big Lie and the Colossal Evil—we tend to be psychologically traumatized and disarmed by catastrophes, whether created by political leaders or real attacks. When the former, the scale of the event and/or the deceit of the event are so wholesale the people cannot believe anyone would insert fake planes into video footage. "The masses indulge in petty falsehoods every day but it would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths... the bigger the lie, therefore, the likelier it is to be believed."—Adolph Hitler "The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." —J. Edgar Hoover Antidote: tough to find. You have to encourage people to trust their own rational judgment. But beware: cognitive dissonance can create a belief in irrational things, such as airplanes passing through tower walls with no crash physics. This is Ken Jenkins’ area of resistance. He considers the insertion of a fake airplane into video more complex than the insertion of a real airplane into a steel tower. Perhaps if he studies “The 9/11 Airplane Video Composites”, he might realize that the evidence for compositing is overwhelming.
0. 9/11 Video Compositing Theory is a confrontation to the self image of many Americans, of their country, and of themselves as (flag waving) Americans. The self image Americans have been sold is that we're the good guys, the white hats, the bringers of democracy and freedom. Antidote: Iraq war lies, torture, secrecy in government, rendition, outing of agents, depleted uranium, shabby treatment of soldiers, covering up of massacres, weapons in space, the debt and the sinking dollar, the Katrina response, and many other incidents are breaking down self-image at least as far as the federal government is concerned.
0. As if We Were Grownups—we consistently elect candidates and watch newscasters who tell us what children would want to hear: that everything is okay, that little is expected of them, that they can go out and shop and play and watch the news, and that they'll be informed. They're expected to be seen and not heard, to pay their taxes, to take their flu shots, and to not question what they see on the news. Americans are encouraged to be children emotionally, means government is parental, news is factual, whether strict father or smothering mother. Antidote: Grow up.
0. Most everyone we introduce to 9/11 Video Compositing Theory now has believed the limited hangout story for years—to accept the truth they have to admit they were duped, deceived, and manipulated all that time. That brings up questions of gullibility, naïvete, lack of perceptiveness, obliviousness, etc. Most of us have resistance to admitting such blindness/weakness. Antidote: Most of us did not get 9/11 right away, let alone Video Compositing Theory, so we can lead with a confession of our own.
0. Emotional investment and ego investment—we are often emotionally invested in our worldview as well as in specific beliefs. We get rewards, payoffs for believing certain things, and have to give up that payoff to change the belief. There is also the ego investment that we get ego strokes, we're better than others, by holding a belief. Antidote: one of the toughest psychological problems to overcome is the attachment to ego, a general approach of being concerned and staying in the now is desirable.
0. Unconscious emotional beliefs—both liberals and conservatives, a characteristic of partisan thought, exploited by campaign consultants and advertisers. Political thinking is often predominantly emotional, not interested in the facts. 9/11 Video Compositing Theory is very emotional. Antidote: take time and be deliberate, study the evidence, try to put yourself in the person's shoes, keep cool, recognize your own hot buttons. Take the long view.
0. The rabbit-hole resistance—e.g. the Matrix. To believe 9/11 Video Compositing Theory, the rabbit hole gets deep, e.g. our media is corrupt and complicit, there is a powerful secret shadow government, most of our leaders are far more corrupt and malicious than we want to believe. Others: Kennedy, RFK, MLK, stolen elections, Wellstone, UFOs and abductions, moon landing, chem trails, Oklahoma City bombing, 7/7, Y2K, vaccines, AIDS, mind control, IRS/Federal Reserve, NWO, etc. A lot other stuff down there and it's hard to tell what's what, easier to stay out of the rabbit hole. Antidote: Up the rabbit hole—the voluntary society. We don’t need a coercive state, Read Murray Rothbard, Hans-Hermann Hoppe, and many others. To begin making the state disappear, stop voting.
0. Working on changing the world without also doing the inner work of changing and healing ourselves and our personal relationships is far less efficient and effective. Urgency vs. Panic as motivation. Driven by many things, as there are many crises happening all at once right now. We need to encourage and be aware of the latter.
0. Traits of Panic: exhausted, tense worry, frantic stressful, insecure ominously close deadlines nervous, anxious catastrophic thinking worst case scenarios apprehensive, foreboding must, need, have to.. martyrhood pessimistic, dread terrified Traits of Urgency: energizing, exciting concern secure enough time fun, interesting, exciting calm, serene, peaceful playful want to, would like to, would prefer optimistic happy